2021 Members’ Best Program
Thursday, December 16, 7:00 pm
Either by Zoom or at Croton Free Library
- Our annual event *may* be in person, along with our holiday dessert swap!
- But we won’t know that until closer to the date.
- Meanwhile, we encourage you to submit photos for us to display during the program.
- Photos can be birds or other wildlife and are not limited to New York species but are limited to photos taken in the past year. Habitat views also welcome. (Wildlife includes all non-domesticated animals including birds, mammals, fish, reptiles and amphibians as well as invertebrate animals like insects, spiders and more!)
- As before, let us know subject, date and place with last two being generalized as needed, i.e. just a month date or just a county or state place.
- You can send up to five photos with the form below.
Electronic submissions are open until Tuesday, December 14, 2021.
We will notify participants whether or not their photos will be included in the program by Wednesday, December 15, 2021, if not before.
How we will do the program
We will review all the photos submitted and let you know by Wednesday, December 15 if your photos will be included in the program, if not before.
We will queue up all the photos on our end of things and let you know the order in advance.
As we show the photos, we will give photographers the opportunity to talk about their photos:
- We ask you to have ready a couple of sentences to say about each of your photos being shown: why it is one of your favorites, and/or something about the subject and/or setting and/or the way you got the picture.
- If we meet in person, you can say/read your words from your seat and we’ll pass around a portable microphone.
- If we meet by Zoom, you can unmute to speak but you don’t need to be on camera, unless you wish.
- OR, in either case, we can read your words for you when your pictures are shown, if you wish.