2022 bird photography exhibit
Saw Mill River Audubon is sponsoring a gallery exhibit of bird photography by SMRA members and friends to be held at the Hendrick Hudson Free Library, February 1-28, 2022.
- We are looking for a variety of bird photography created by our members and friends.
- We welcome submissions of local birds as well as those from further afield.
- Multiple submissions are encouraged.
- Depending on the total number of entries, we may have room for several pieces from individual photographers that can be hung together as a set.
Electronic submissions are open until November 15, 2021.
Initial submissions should be electronic format using the form below.
We will notify participants whether their pieces are selected for the exhibit by December 1, 2021.
All pieces must be made ready for **hanging in the gallery** and in SMRA’s possession by January 15, 2022.
- See guidelines below on how to prepare selected photographs for the gallery exhibit.
There is no submission fee to submit your photographs for exhibit consideration, using the form below.
You are also welcome to offer your photographs for sale at the exhibit under the following conditions:
- a 20% commission is divided between Hendrick Hudson Free Library and Saw Mill River Audubon, and
- your work must be displayed between February 1 and February 28, 2022 in the library.
Guidelines for Library Gallery Exhibit Photos
Work must be ready to hang on the “gallery system” which accepts wired back pieces. We can accommodate a wide range of sizes and shapes. Pieces can be framed, with or without glass, or printed directly on canvas with an internal frame support.
All costs of the framing/mounting process are the responsibility of the member making the submission.
See example photos below.
(Anything that can be hung on one of the below hooks is fine.)
- 20210503-hanging2.jpg (example of the wires holding the current exhibit)
Saw Mill River Audubon will have a listing all works in the exhibit. Individual name placards will also be created to identify the subject in the photo (e.g., species in photo, location of photo, photographer name, and price, if any.)
Individual pieces may be offered for sale by the photographer if desired. A 20% commission for any artwork sold will be shared between the Hendrick Hudson Free Library and Saw Mill River Audubon.
All pieces must remain in place until the end of the exhibit at which time they will be returned to the original owner.