field trip registration
LISTED FURTHER BELOW are our upcoming small group birding walks.
- We also offer Zoom programs and other in-person events.
- Also be sure to sign up for our “pop up birding” email notice list
Get notices about pop-up trips scheduled with short notice to regional birding hotspots.
Click on any event images below to register for our field trips.
- When you register for a field trip, we will send you an email with the meeting place and other details and we will also send reminder emails before the trip.
- If you don’t get a confirmation email, email our office.
- If you have the option to reserve two spaces, use the drop down to select two spaces and be sure to fill in the second name in space provided.
- IMPORTANT: if your plans change after you register, let us know so we can offer your trip space(s) to someone on our waiting list.
- NO-SHOW POLICY: if you have a no-show with no contact to SMRA, your trip registrations will likely be paused for one season.
Field Trips Outside Westchester County
Saturday, August 13
Jamaica Bay Refuge Shorebird Festival
We have unfortunately cancelled our plans for a SMRA meetup at the festival this year. BUT the festival itsellf is still on with expert shorebirders to help you ID birds in the refuge. Festival details & registration:
https://www.littoralsociety.org/shorebird-festival.html . Walk-ins okay for festival.
Saturday, September 10
Black Dirt Birding, Orange County, NY
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for further details. Number of vehicles will be limited and solo drivers not allowed on the farm roads portion of this field trip. We’ll meet at a central spot to combine vehicles.
Morning exploration of Black Dirt region for fall migrants and possibility of “grasspipers” and raptors and more. We will meet 7:00 am at a starting location about hour west of Peekskill. We plan to bird 2-3 hours in the Black Dirt region.