public field trips & programs
Saw Mill River Audubon offers a year-round calendar of public programs and field trips.
Our public programs are offered free of charge as part of our environmental education outreach.
Support for Public Field Trips
We do suggest for a donation of $5/adult/trip for our public field trips guided by SMRA staff or volunteers. This donation is entirely voluntary and all are welcome on our trips regardless of donation. Some prefer to offer this donation once a year.
We also offer presentations for libraries and community groups for a small donation. During the COVID pandemic, we are offering Zoom presentations.
Learn more about the other birding workshops we are offering through local libraries and community groups
- Some of our field trips are limited by registration to protect sensitive species and for a more positive experience for the group.
- Be sure to subscribe to our free, private email list to get early notice of trips that require registration as well as notice of new trips added since our last newsletter.
- Most of our trips are best suited for ages 10 and up unless otherwise specified.
- We have binoculars for free loan for any field trip, with notice.
- If we need to cancel a field trip, we will update our Google calendar, put a message on our office phone (914-666-6503), and send out an update to our private email list.
- We encourage carpooling and suggest that carpoolers offer to share costs of for gas/tolls with drivers. (This practice is obviously on pause during the COVID pandemic.)