field trip registration
Listed further below are our upcoming small group birding field trips that require registration. A few are limited to 10 people. Most are limited to 20 people. If a walk shows as full, be sure to register anyway to get on the waiting list since we typically draw from the waiting list for all walks.
ALSO…NEW FOR 2022 –>
We are, once again, offering a few open bird walks.
- No registration is needed. Just show up!
- 8:00 am start on all Open Bird Walks
- Meeting spots are listed on our website calendar
- Wed, Dec 29: Croton Point Park
Wed, Jan 12: Rockefeller State Park Preserve
Fri, Feb 11: Croton Point Park
Mon, Feb 28: Edith Read Sanctuary
- Also be sure to sign up for our “pop up birding” email notice list
Get notices about pop-up trips scheduled on short notice at regional hotspots.
Click on any event image or description below to register for our bird walks that are limited to 10 or 20 people.
- When you register for a trip, we will send you an email — via Eventbrite — with the meeting place and other details and we will also send reminder emails before the trip. If you don’t get this confirmation email, email our office.
- If you choose to reserve two spaces, be sure to fill in the second name.
- IMPORTANT: if your plans change after you register, let us know so we can offer your trip space to someone on our waiting list.
- NO-SHOW POLICY: if you have a no-show, with no contact to SMRA, your trip registrations will be paused one season.
- SOLD OUT BIRD WALKS MAY STILL HAVE WAITING ROOM SPACES. Click on the event name and then on the Register button on next screen. Since people’s plans change, there are new walk openings every week filled from the waiting list.