field trip registration
LISTED FURTHER BELOW are our Spring 2022 small group birding walks that require registration.
We are also offering some open walks. Open to walk ins, no registration needed.
- Also be sure to sign up for our “pop up birding” email notice list
Get notices about pop-up trips scheduled with short notice to regional birding hotspots.
DAWN CHORUS OPEN WALKS
No advance registration is required. For adults and ages 8 and up. Beginners welcome. Binocular loans available.
- Wednesday, May 4, 6:00 am, Rockefeller State Park Preserve, Old Sleepy Hollow Road entrance (OPEN)
- Monday, May 9, 6:00 am, Croton Point Park, main parking lot by Nature Center driveway (OPEN)
- Thursday, May 12, 6:00 am, Marshlands Conservancy, main entrance (OPEN)
- SPECIAL POPUP FIELD TRIP
Sunday, May 15, 5:30 am
See details here
- Thursday, May 19, 6:00 am, Pruyn Sanctuary, office/garden entrance (OPEN)
- Tuesday, May 24, 6:00 am, Brinton Brook Sanctuary, main entrance (OPEN)
- Friday, June 24, 6:00 am, Pruyn Sanctuary, office/garden entrance (OPEN)
- Thursday, June 30, 6:00 am, Brinton Brook Sanctuary, main entrance (OPEN)
WALKS REQUIRING REGISTRATION
Click on any event names below to register for our small group birding
- When you register for a trip, we will send you an email — via Eventbrite — with the meeting place and other details and we will also send reminder emails before the trip. If you don’t get a confirmation email, email our office.
- If you choose to reserve two spaces, be sure to fill in the second name.
- IMPORTANT: if your plans change after you register, let us know so we can offer your trip space to someone on our waiting list.
- NO-SHOW POLICY: if you have a no-show, with no contact to SMRA, your trip registrations will be paused one season.