smra covid response
SMRA programs & field trips
At the start of the pandemic shutdown in New York in April, 2020, we shifted to online public programs and small-group field trips by registration only, masked and physically-distanced.
We are continuing Zoom programs through Winter 2021-2022.
For Winter 2021-2022 field trips, masks are now optional and a COVID vaccination is required.
With the resurgence of the Delta variant in Fall 2021, we began following the then-current NYS guidelines for office use.
We are currently following these office COVID protocols:
- online COVID questionnaire for office visitors/users
- office use limited to two people at a time,
- all office users must be vaccinated and masked,
- sign in sheet by office door for all visitors.
We urge the following COVID precautions for visitors to our sanctuaries:
- WHETHER OR NOT YOU ARE VACCINATED:
carry a mask at all times so you have the option wear it whenever six feet of distance is not possible from other visitors, if you wish and especially if they are wearing a mask;
- do not linger at trailheads and parking areas to avoid close contact with other visitors unless they are people you know, of course;
- step off trails to allow other visitors to pass with six foot distance.
Help keep our sanctuaries free of litter by making sure your masks and wipes and other items go home with you. (And, of course, all dog waste bags also go home with you. Always.)