2023 Members Best Program
Best Photos Program
Thursday, December 21, 7:00 pm
Croton Free Library
Let us know if you would like to share 2-5 of your best photographs and say a few words about them.
- ENTRIES CLOSED 12/13 4:30pm FOR NEW PHOTOS — WE HAD A LARGE RESPONSE!
- We invite you to submit photos for us to display during the program.
- You don’t need to be a member of SMRA to submit photos for consideration for this program. (But we hope you will consider supporting our work with a membership if you are able to do so!)
- Photos can be birds or other wildlife and are not limited to New York species but are limited to photos taken in the past year. Habitat views also welcome. (Wildlife includes all non-domesticated animals including birds, mammals, fish, reptiles and amphibians as well as invertebrate animals like insects, spiders and more!)
- Let us know subject, date and place with last two being generalized as needed, i.e. just a month date or just a county or state place.
- ENTRY FORM BELOW NOW OFFLINE — ENTRIES CLOSED AS OF 12/13/23 4:30 pm.
Sorry for any disappointment! We have already received a large volume of entries.
We will notify photographers about our program line up by the evening of Tuesday, December 19, 2023. Depending on the number of entries, we may or may not be able to display all the photos you have sent.
Please note that we will only use photos from those who will be present at the program and able and willing to say a few sentences about their images.
How we will do the program
We will review all the photos submitted and let you know by Tuesday, December 19 if your photos will be included in the program, if not before.
We will only use photos from people who will be at the program and able to say a few words about their photos. (See below for more about that.)
We will queue up all the photos and let you know the order in advance.
As we show the photos, we will give photographers the opportunity to talk about their photos:
- We ask you to have ready a couple of sentences to say about each of your photos being shown: why it is one of your favorites, and/or something about the subject and/or setting and/or the way you got the picture.