Upcoming Sanctuary Projects
- Please use the form below to RSVP for our 2023 sanctuary projects.
Come work with us on our 2023 trail projects at Brinton Brook Sanctuary and Graff Sanctuary in Croton and Pruyn Sanctuary in Millwood. Supported by a grant from National Audubon, we are adjusting our trails to adapt to the new “normal” of more intense rainfalls as the climate changes.
See the dates and work descriptions below. Please use the form at the bottom to RSVP for one or more of these sanctuary work days.
- We expect each outing to take between four to six hours.
- For all dates, wear clothing and footwear suitable for the weather with wet footing a possibility at Brinton and Pruyn.
- Bring work gloves, water and a snack/lunch.
- See specific tool suggestions for projects below.
Tuesday, May 16, 9:00 am start, Pruyn Sanctuary
We will be installing rock waterbars on a sloped trail. Bring shovel if you have one. We will have additional tools.
Sunday, May 28, 9:00 am start, Brinton Brook Sanctuary.
We will be installing rock waterbars to channel water off sloped trails and, if time allows, also adjusting a trail path to avoid water runoff. Bring shovels if you have them. We will have additional tools.
Tuesday, June 13, 9:00 am start, Graff Sanctuary.
We will be re-routing a portion of trail to avoid a steep section. Bring plant loppers, shovels, rakes, if you have one or more of these items. We will have additional tools.
Sunday, June 25, 9:00 am start, Graff/Brinton Brook Sanctuary
If the Graff re-route is not completed, we will finish that project. Otherwise we will be adding additional waterbars at Brinton Brook Sanctuary. See additional tools for those projects above.